Thursday, December 27, 2012

Harper's First Christmas!

We had a great Christmas with our little love bug this year. She was spoiled rotten by our families and I am so grateful for all the love. We went to "The Farm" (my step dad's parents house in Wynot, NE.) and yes, it is literally a farm, hence the name. I have always been close to my step dad's side since I have been in the family since I was seven. His whole family was there, three sisters, one bother, and their spouses and kids. I love to see them love Harper as if she was their own blood. It melts me. Christmas Eve was exhausting!!! Woke up ate breakfast, hung out and played for a couple hours. Tried to nap. Impossible with a million people in one house, then we had 6 o'clock mass. Worst idea for a baby that usually starts her bedtime routine around 6. She was fine during mass until the last half hour where she screamed and cried of exhaustion. I finally got up and rocked her to sleep, went to sit back down and she slept till mass was over then woke up and screamed for the entire car ride. Christmas Eve dinner was right after that and she was fine the whole time. That was until about 9 p.m. Then we started opening gifts and that took forever! We also do a fun white elephant gift exchange and that took at least an hour. By the time we went to bed it was midnight and Harper had been up for a good 5-6 hours straight!!! Let's just say, that night was HELL!!! She was up a majority of the night screaming... I felt like the worst Mom ever for having her up that late but she would not relax enough during the present opening to sleep. It was awful. I hate to  be a downer but Xmas eve was a lot more stressful and not as fun as I pictured it. ughhh. Anyways, Harper received tons of toys and clothes and she loves wrapping paper! lol. Christmas day was a lot better. Filled with wearing pj's all day and eating pie and sweets and lots of snuggly naps. Oh, but I forgot to mention on the day my Mom and I and H were planning on going back to Omaha, my step dad somehow had my Mom's car keys... (Him and Nick had already went back to Omaha earlier in the day.) It was a mess. We had to wait for my G-pa to go meet Jeff (step dad) somewhere to fetch the keys. We eventually made it back home and Harper slept the whole two and a half hours. I don't think she has caught up on her sleep still since Monday night because she has been sleeping in and taking lots of naps for the last couple days. Oh and I left with a five month old and came back with a 6 month old!! Where has this six months gone! I'm pretty sure last week I was in labor? WTF?? Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas!!!!!

Merry Christmas, xoxo Taylor, Nick, Harper, and Bella

Presents from my Great Grandpa

Christmas Eve 2012

Enough with the toys, I love the paper. Xmas Eve.

I love my Jumperoo from Mommy & Daddy

Toys from my secret santa Mommy group

Mommy's favorite gift.

More paper!!!

Christmas Day. Wasn't it lovely?? ;)



1 comment:

  1. Omg, I can't get over how precious she is!!! <3 so sweet!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS