Friday, January 18, 2013

Easy Sweet Tooth Remedy!!


I'm on a homemaking roll this week! First, sewing, now baking? OK not really baking but I did microwave the almond bark doesn't that count for something? HA! Anyways, I have been on a "dip everything in chocolate" kick. It started when I made Oreo Balls last week. I have had them before but it was my first time ever making them and it was so easy! Then I had leftover almond bark and 6 leftover oreos so I decided I would dip the oreos too. Didn't want them to feel left out. They were also delish. A little rich, but just enough to only have one a day to curb my cravings. My Mom noticed my chocolate dipping kick and bought more almond bark, this time chocolate flavored. The oreo balls and oreos were dipped in the white chocolate bark. (I forgot to mention I have a sweet tooth the size of Texas and it needs to be fed multiple times a day hence all the chocolate dippings.) So yesterday after I had eaten the last oreo, I was thinking what I already had at home to dip in this heavenly chocolate. Ritz Crackers duh! :) We always have Ritz crackers in the house because I eat them for pretty much breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Breakfast Ritz: dipped in peanut butter. Lunch Ritz: crackers covered with melted cheese. Dinner: same as lunch. LOL. Okay so I don't really eat that as meals, more just like snacks in my day. I love eating crackers though and they are so easy to eat while trying to entertain a six month old all day because I hate having to cook meals that take forever. No thanks! I need quick and easy. And I am too lazy... That is why I am always pinning and trying to find the easiest recipes to make with very few ingredients or supplies I already have at the house. Some might disagree, but for some recipes, its almost easier and cheaper to go to a restaurant and eat that meal then to go out, buy all the ingredients, and then slave away in the kitchen! Props to you if you can do that, but that is not realistic for my family and I would way rather eat out then at home (for the most part.)
This is the easiest way to make a sweet, salty, crunchy, peanut buttery yummy! 

INGREDIENTS
-Almond Bark. I used half of the square.
-Ritz Crackers. I ended up using almost 3 packages for the amount of chocolate I melted.
-Peanut Butter
-Sprinkles. For cuteness.

YOU WILL NEED
-Parchment paper or foil. (I ran out of parchment paper so had to use foil)
- Glass bowl to melt bark
-Spoon

You might also need a cute helper!

Give me that cup!
Mom help!
She has a water obsession.

Thank you for the show Harper!!
Okay, on to the food!


Make mini peanut butter sandwiches with the Ritz crackers.

Melt chocolate until smooth.

Dip crackers in the chocolate. I only dipped mine halfway because sometimes its too rich for me and not so messy.

Dunzo! I only made 15 sandwiches and then just dipped individual crackers because I had so much leftover chocolate and I didn't want it to go to waste. I ended up with another foil sheet filled with single dipped crackers.

 I sprinkled mine with sprinkles just to make them look cute! Make sure if you use sprinkles you sprinkle them almost right away because the almond bark dries super fast!

I tried these sugar sprinkles first and they don't work! It melted into the chocolate if you sprinkle them on top right away but I then sprinkled them on again when the chocolate was cooler and they showed up more. 

See what I mean?

If you ever need a quick and easy sweet tooth fixin this is where its at! 

I think the little Miss snuck a couple when I wasn't looking! Look at that belly!











1 comment:

  1. Mmmm those look so yummy! I may need to try those :) and sweet Harper is adorable as always!!!

    ReplyDelete

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS