Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Christmas Traditions

I have been getting so excited about this Thanksgiving and Christmas that I can't help but share some of our fun family traditions; Especially the new ones my sister and I are starting for our Harper and Tenley. The holidays are SO much better when your own babies are involved. I have never been happier then when I am around my two girlies and I know our whole family would 100% agree. They are our life!
Last year we had so much fun with the girls but this year is going to be even better because they are both old enough to kind of know what is going on and to partake in all the magic and fun of Christmas. I think matching jammies will HAVE to be a forever tradition for them even when they are 25. hehe. Its just way too cute! This year we are going to start a Christmas Eve fun box filled with jammies, a movie, festive snacks, and whatever else cute little things we can spoil them with. They even have their own personalized boxes that we hope to reuse every year.


We also cannot wait to take them to see Santa again this year and see what their reaction will be! Last year was sooo classic. haha. Leave it to Harps to always make it entertaining ;) Trust me she was fine and is not scarred from Santa whatsoever. I have a feeling Tenley might be the cryer this year; or both. They also might be doing this until they are 25. HA!!


I cannot wait till after Thanksgiving to help my mom bring out all of our Christmas decor from throughout the years and decorate with Harper. Last year my mom got us the little people nativity set and I love that it is kid friendly and I can also talk to Harper about what it means. We have always kind of decorated the same for forever and I love that because everything is so special and not just what everyone else has at their home. I am hoping to get H a new ornament every year too to start a keepsake tree for our own home someday.
I am beyond excited for this holiday season and I cannot wait to see our Tenley girl in a few days and hopefully even Santa!! ;)
Thank you to Patience Brewster- an artist and designer of whimsical Christmas ornaments for inspiring me to write this post about our family traditions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS