Thursday, May 1, 2014

My “Harper” Tattoo

T h u r s d a y. HI. You will be called beauty day here on PMM. :)
I know I am no beauty expert but as any girl I do love makeup, hair, fashion, blah blah, and finding new & amazing products and tips. Ya know, beauty stuff. So I thought it would be fun to do a non baby post every once in awhile, ess that ok? (LOL, any bachelor fans out there. Haaa!)
Anyway, I know this post isn’t exactly “beauty” related but I want to finally do a post about my Harper tattoo. I know super random but its kinda like beautifying your body (if your into tats) right?? 


So lets just start with the story about how this tattoo came about. 
It was my 23rd birthday and Nick and I were downtown having drinks with friends. I was feeling real good and I thought, I want a tattoo right now! Nick agreed to my crazy thought so we walked down to Big Brain Omaha (the tattoo parlor) to make the appointment. I had been wanting to get Harper’s name tattooed on me for awhile but just didn’t give it that much thought at that point. I picked some random font off their computer that was nothing special and had my appointment for the next day. I was so crazy excited and when we finally got down there to fill out paperwork one of the questions was are you nursing? “Shit!” I thought. Yes I still was but I really didn’t want to wait any longer so I kinda played it off but it is obviously a big deal and they caught on that I was still so long story short I couldn’t get it done and had to wait till Harper was weaned. Wahhh. In hindsight, it was the biggest blessing in disguise. During the next few months I researched new fonts and I found the wonderful Callie on Etsy. She does beautiful calligraphy and I knew instantly that is what I wanted. She was a dream to work with. She really wrote Harper exactly how I wanted it and I can not thank her enough!!! After I had the design and Harper stopped nursing the following month, I could finally make my appointment. It was kind of like a gift to myself for exclusively nursing for so long and I was damn proud of myself!

We got there and I almost passed out from the anxiety. Ahh. I was so nervous. I have three other tattoos but this one was different. This was my baby’s name and not to mention in a very visible area of my body (my forearm). I never thought I would have a tattoo that could not be easily covered. I know, its a weird thought but its true. Lets just say this tattoo hurt the worst out of any of mine. (I have one on my hip, shoulder, and top of foot.) Gah, it was terrible on the forearm. I am so happy that it was done within 10-15 minutes because I could not handle another second. Eeek. It was so worth the pain though because I am absolutely obsessed with it! I love that I can look down and see my little girls name all day long. Not that I need another reason to think about her even more than I do but I just love it so much, I can’t even put it into words. I have had it for a little over six months now and I still love it the same as the first day I got it. I was super worried I would get tired of it fast, but the font is trendy yet timeless to me. La la la love it!!!
Yes, it hurt like a bitch! :0



Obviously it looks like Harper hates the tattoo in every pic from our family photos (it was the whole day, wah) BUT, she actually just started noticing it and always says, ohhh, pretty! <3 P.S.- She’s never allowed to get a tattoo, just saying, HA.

Don’t forget to go check out Callie Brannen Designs if you are thinking of getting a tattoo of your babies name(s) or any other prettiness. Trust me you will want to love it because it will be there, forever!!!! xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS