Thursday, February 6, 2014

Day in the life, Harper's Day!

Hello sweet friends. I hope you are all having a great week. Tomorrow is Friday! Yay! Friday's are bittersweet for us though because Daddy works the weekends so we miss him on Saturdays and Sundays. :(
I thought it would be fun to do a photo post of a typical day for Harper. I love it when other blogger's do these because there is no staging of pics going on and it just seems so real. This is our real real life of a day at our house. You can check out our last "Spend the Day With Us" post HERE.


 9:15 a.m.- I am greeted with a "HI!" and a couple pats on my face or mouth every morning when H wakes up. She has been sleeping with me again every night for at least the past month. She is going through some weird sleep regression and sometimes does not even go to bed until 11-12 p.m. every night... Hence the later wake up.

9:20 a.m.- We head upstairs to the kitchen to get our breakfast and usually some cuddles from Grandma and Grandpa. We have been extremely casual about meal times lately because she has also been going through weird food jags where sometimes she wants to eat everything and the next day she doesn't like anything so instead of fighting with her about eating a well balanced meal, she just eats a granola bar or waffle (2 of her favs at the moment). Her eating anything is better than nothing at this point. I turn on her shows and I drink my morning coffee and check my email, facebook, IG, etc and try to wake up.

9:45 a.m.- Daddy sleeps in on his days off so he woke up after us so Harper had to give him lots of good morning hugs and snuggles. She usually eats more breakfast with him because he always has yummy breakfast unlike Mommy who doesn't like breakfast that much.

10 a.m.- Harps plays with some toys in our upstairs living room for awhile before we head out to run some errands at Target.


11 a.m.- We browse Target and of course stop at Starbucks for cookies and milk. Sometimes that is the only time we get out of the house on these extremely cold winter days so we try to make the most out of it and literally browse every aisle to kill time. 

Gold star leggings

12:45 p.m.- Its nap time and Harps was not happy. Usually she goes down for her nap pretty well but this day she was not having it. I think she played in her crib for longer than she actually napped. 



2:30 p.m.- She woke up sobbing (which never happens) but it was because she was soaked somehow from her sippy cup of water that I had given her. Poor babe was miserable. So we immediately had to strip down to a diaper and than she was fine 

2:50 p.m.- We go to the kitchen and make lunch. I know, super late lunch, but since her sleeping schedule is off, our whole day is off. Her new favorite thing is saying "Ta-Da" and raising her hands in a gymnastics salute. So cute!!

3:00 p.m.- Hanging out with Daddy waiting for lunch to cook.

3:15 p.m.- Her fish nuggets are finally done cooking so she eats her lunch on the couch. (Told you we were laid back about this because all I want her to do is eat! I dint care how, what, or where, as long as shes eating. You can not judge until you've been through this annoying stage.) She hates when her fingers get dirty and have crumbs on them so I sit there and wipe her hands 20 million times. LOL.

3:30 p.m.- Random play time and she loves playing in my purse taking everything out but Mommy zipped it so she was mad.

5:00 p.m.- We were getting bored so I got out the Valentines Day cards we got at Target earlier and stickers and crayons and markers and we colored for awhile. She really loves coloring lately so this lasted a good hour. It was so funny because she figured out that markers show up on your skin so she kept coloring her body but I let her because it was cute and I love the curiosity!





6:00 p.m.- More playing and a couple bites of dinner from Mommy and Daddy. She pretty much runs our household so she just goes from room to room finding her toys and playing all over the house. Especially if her Grandpa is home because they are best friends. They play cute games like fake night night where they go in Gma and Gpa's bed under the covers and pretend to go to sleep. I have no idea why, but she is in love with that game. She also loves wearing her princess heels so she is always strutting her stuff up and down the halls.



7:00 p.m.- Bath time with Daddy! She loves taking baths and she definitely needed one after her coloring earlier! hehe. 

7:20 p.m.- We go downstairs in Mommies bed and put jammies on and do all of our night time rituals. 

7:30 p.m.- My little technology girl loves this time of the day when I let her watch her shows on the ipad while Mommy watches her shows on TV. She can literally turn the ipad on, find the app and show she wants and play it. It just amazes me how smart she is and how quickly these babes pick up on things. 

9:15 p.m.- After about an hour of the iPad I have to pretty much pry it out of her hands while she throws a fit but I get her to lay with me and eventually she falls asleep. This was a pretty early time for her as of lately but thank goodness! These midnight, 1 a.m. bed times are killing me. :( I am really hoping to get her back on her normal schedule of sleeping in her crib and waking up at a decent time to get our day started. Night night boogy.


Hope you enjoyed a day in the life of Harper. I know we live such an exciting life, (not!) but I love looking back on these posts and saying "Oh yeah, remember when you wouldn't sleep! That was fun!" ;)

Our life is not perfect, but its perfect for us! xoxoxo











No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS